My husband and I just returned from a quick trip to the east coast reveling in friends, food and GREAT fall foliage.
Landing in Nashville for the wedding reception of good friends we then took advantage of our location and drove to Asheville, NC. Fortunately, it was the week before the arrival of Hurricane Sandy and the snow fall! And can I say…it was beautiful!
While I LOVE living here in Sonoma County there is nothing like fall back on the east coast. Coming from New York I have fond memories of crisp fall days with the scent of decaying leaves, smoke coming from the chimney an hot apple cider or hot chocolate drinks.
Some of my favorite memories include:
- hiking in the woods
- lighting the first fire in the fireplace
- making nutritious hot soups, often with fall vegetables like butternut squash and pumpkins
- visiting a pumpkin patch to pick the best one to carve for Halloween
- savoring the scents of the season
- and…fall includes my favorite holiday…Thanksgiving! after all, we have so much to be grateful for, don’t we?
There are many ways that I bring fall into my home, and I do try to get back east right around the 20th of October which seems to be the peak of leaf color.
While I took pictures, a few of which are in this post it’s just not the same. The closest thing I’ve found to share my experience is the magical video below.
Enjoy the video and, won’t you share your favorite aspect of fall with me in the comment section below? PS, it’s worth watching the video full screen. Cheers!