TaDa…I’ve found the perfect ergonomically designed office chair. It’s called the Capisco and I found it at an outlet called Ergo depot. Not only is it the most comfortable chair I’ve sat it (and I’ve sat in many), but it looks good, is completely supportive ergonomically so therefore helps to improve your posture and overall health
With all the press about “sitting being the new smoking” and how bad sitting is for our health, it’s time to pay attention if we want to maintain our good health. Personally, between blogging, computer work, SM, driving to clients, meetings, etc. the majority of my day is spent sitting.
Therefore, I’ve been on the look out for awhile to find myself the perfect chair for a standing desk I had made for myself in my home office. Now that I don’t stand as much as I’m on a computer instead of drawing plans I’m feeling the effects. I need better support!
In case you aren’t familiar with the negative effects of sitting, here is the best diagram on the hazards of sitting all day via the Washington Post. If this doesn’t make you “uncomfortable”, nothing will.
Last week I was in San Francisco with some friends and walked past the Ergo Depot showroom/retail outlet and tried out many of their fabulous chairs. It is the Capisco chair that sold me.
With a saddle seat it keeps your hips aligned, and with the ability to change the height, you are able to adjust the seating so that it suits you. By keeping your knees slightly below hip level it naturally has you leaning forward and helps keep the gentle curve in the small of your back. And, by varying the height, it allows you to keep your elbows at 90 degrees and your shoulders aligned.
Movement and variation of the body are vital while working, but it’s all too easy to forget to move, particularly when you are deep in concentration. That is why you need a chair that inspires movement without you having to think about it.
You can adjust a HAG Capisco chair from a low-seated position to a half-standing position. No other work chair on the market is as well suited to varying postures and height-adjustable surfaces as the HAG Capisco. The chair encourages creative, alternate sitting positions: forwards, backwards or sideways. You can feel the dynamics when you sit down.
The HAG Capisco Features:
- 165 different fabric options available, with 35 quick-ship options ready to ship out within two business days.
- Non-traditional saddle seat design
- Naturally follows you as you move to the next sitting position
- Adjustments: seat depth, seat height, back height, tilt tension backward, and three-position tilt lock
- Lifetime warranty on pneumatic lift
- Solid, recycled aluminum base with curved/arched footplates
- Black, silver or polished aluminum frame(a black lift is standard with a polished base)
- Shipping dimensions: 28″ x 28″ x 13″ 35lbs (add 10lbs for headrest)
- Made of recycled and recyclable materials
- Interchangeable compenents extend product life
- Flat seat is available at no additional charge
- GREENGUARD certified
And of course, they have an array of other dynamic products including:
- A variety of other adjustable seats for sitting to standing
- Standing treadmills while working on your computer
- Easy adjustable desks
- Adjustable monitor arms and wrist support for your keyboards
- Balance Chairs for both work and relaxation
- and more!
At the end of the day, don’t you want to know that you did everything to support yourself, on all levels? And by the way, this chair is great in large office spaces.
Be sure to check out the video below of all the different ways to sit and move with the Capisco Chair. For more information on any of the Ergo depot products, call Margaret Galvin 415-654-5467
Cheers from Sonoma County!