Painted floors are in again! And not just for the reasons you think.
It used to be that we painted a floor because it was the least expensive thing to do. While that still works today, here are some other reasons you might consider painting over wood or a plywood sub-floor:
- To make a bold color statement
- To create a design statement
- To make old floors look cool
- Instead of a rug to delineate seating areas or room dividers
- I like to create patterns between rooms that are open to one another, instead of inlaid wood
- To paint stairs, solid, stripe or to look like a runner
- They can of course be painted in shiny epoxy paint, or a regular floor paint that will age over time
- And of course instead of compromising on the flooring you really want, paint it until you can get what you want!
- And I love painted floors outside on porches and lanai’s