Here in wine country (both Sonoma and Napa) I find clients often asking for Outdoor Kitchens. But my question is why?
I posted this question on my Facebook business page and was surprised that almost 100% said yes, they would love an outdoor kitchen! Since moving to wine country I have grown to love cooking and feeding family and friends. It’s a community way to enjoy and entertain. But a second kitchen? I’m not sold, here’s why:
- With our indoor outdoor lifestyle, I’m wondering why we need an outdoor kitchen?
- It’s a second kitchen to stock
- It’s a second kitchen to clean
- It’s an additional expense that I wonder if it’s really necessary
- While many are beautiful, I’d prefer a fabulous lounge spot or elegant dining al fresco area in my garden rather then another kitchen
Now, an outdoor grill area…
or an outdoor pizza oven is a whole other subject!
Those are two tasks plus cooking paella that I’d rather not do inside the house due to the mess. But the rest, the ease of inside/outside living here in our climate precludes the need for an additional outdoor kitchen in my professional opinion.
What are your thoughts? Would you want or do you have an outdoor kitchen? Please share in the comments below. I’d love to hear! Cheers