Being a bit of a tech geek I am loving the idea that the light bulb, yes the light bulb, is being re-invented!
LIFX is the smartest light bulb you’ve ever experienced. It’s a wifi-enabled, energy efficient, multi-colored bulb that you control with your iPhone or Android. LIFX gives you unprecedented control of your lights, reduces your energy costs, lasts up to 25 years and delivers an amazing range of experiences that you will love.
The LIFX is the invention of Phil Bosua…who invented, created and is now in the position with his team Andrew Birt, Andy Gelme, John Bosua, Ben Hamey, Dave Evans and Guy King to produce the LIFX through their kickstart efforts! (Don’t you just love the creativity and innovative ways we are thinking out of the box these days?) So, what can you do with LIFX smart bulbs?
- Control your lights from anywhere (with your handy dandy smart phone of course)
- Choose any brightness for a specific bulb, a room or your whole house
- Get notifications such as Twitter, Facebook, Texts and more-light bulb blinks to let you know something is coming in
- Reduce your energy consumption and saves money
- Visualise your music with animated colors (better then disco lights)
- Make an impression at your next dinner party
- Create and change the colors to match any mood or decor (you gotta know I love this one!)
- Get creative with colors and effects
- Create a night light for your kids and an alarm for you by slowly dimming or bringing up the lights naturally
- Security mode when you’re on holidays-control and set timers etc.
- Create groups of lights
Is this cool, or is this cool! What do you think of this re-invention? Are you game to try? Innovation is a Little Bit of Beauty™ for sure! Check out the video below for all the information.
“LIFX answers a need that is well and truly overdue. Everyone in the world needs light bulbs. Existing light bulbs are based on an archaic technology that threatens our environment. Light bulbs consume approximately 20% of electricity in homes around the world. They need to be more efficient, smarter and last longer. In the twenty-first century, people need lighting that matches the “smart culture” and eco aware sensibilities of our day.” Phil Bosua – Inventor of the LIFX smart-bulb