Those who know me well know that I LOVE a unique, eclectic and beautifully designed small home. I found this home on the divine site Apartment Therapy. To me it’s one of the most interesting and lovely homes I’ve ever seen. Why?
- It’s only 1300 sq. ft.. In a world where bigger has been better, I’ve always been an advocate of right size. And this home is just that.
- Each inch is thoughtful and reflective of the owner and her vision.
- And her collection of art! I’m salivating at the unique and stunning mix.
- Actually her collection period, showcases an interesting life well lived.
- The owner is a traveler (like I am) and with a great eye has put together this candy store of beauty
- The eclectic mix shows up not only in her art, but in her design of kitchen and bathroom…
- The mix of traditional and modern in the finishings and furnishings
- The attention to detail is wonderful
- And her use of color is exquisite
- Her home as a whole is a work of art in and of itself!
I think I’ve used every adjective I could think of, have I raved enough? Yes, I could live there, with some of my own favorite pieces of course! To read all about it check out the article in Apartment Therapy. It’s a great interview with Vanessa Faye Wurman. She is the real estate developer and designer of her home.
It’s a perfect example of taking something that’s not so special and turning it into a jewel, and of holding true to a personal vision, whether you do it yourself, or get someone to help you. And don’t forget to add a touch of humor.
And, as you know, I’ve been an advocate for Downsizing or Rightsizing for years now. So click on the Apartment Therapy site to see more pictures and read the interview with Vanessa. And tell me, can you see how smaller can sometimes be just perfect?
Cheers from Sonoma County!*All images courtesy of Apartment Therapy, click the photo to go to the original article