Brass is back in a big way! It started a couple of years ago, and earlier this year I wrote about it as one of the Kitchen Trends for 2013. Now it’s looking good to me again in a more antiqued and aged form, not the cheap bright brass finish we saw in the 80’s.
How am I seeing Brass re-appear in this go around? Here are a few examples:
- In lighting, whether chandeliers, sconces or lamps, lighting is showing up in Brass…in fact recently I found a DIY project on Pinterest for turning a silver ceiling fixture into gold. And…while I am NOT a DIY girl, I tried it and it turned out fabulously! So go for it.
- Kitchens from sinks and vents to plumbing and hardware fixtures as seen in my earlier blog post.
- And the same applies to Bathrooms, especially the plumbing and hardware fixtures
- Wall paper accents especially in entries, dining rooms and powder rooms…where every you want extra punch.
- And of course accessories from coffee tables and table top accents, to picture frames and other small tchotchkes.
- I’m seeing it even in the Fashion Industry.
If you want to see more ways to add Brass back into your mix, check out my pinterest board. I think it’s looking fresh and warm, just right again!
So, how do you feel about the return of brass…is Brass back in your home? And if not yet, how would you add it back into the mix?
Yes, Brass is Back in all it’s glory…I say go for the gold!