One of my favorite movies of all times is the 1998 Dangerous Beauty. Yes, it may be a bit sappy, but can I say…it’s one of the most beautiful movies I’ve ever seen!
Being a visual junkie, an Italophile and a lover of beauty in all forms I must admit an obsession for this movie. I’ve already written about Coco Before Chanel, and Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky…also visually stunning movies. But I must say, this one rates #1 for me.
Everything about it is beautiful…
- the filming-the camera work is divine
- the women-as a straight woman even I think they are hot
- the men-OMG…what can I say
- the costumes-stunning, all of them
- the poetry-taken from the published works of the real life heroine
- Venice-always, there are no words
- the music-perfect score